BOC records P3-B collection surplus

Bureau of Customs Commissioner Bienvenido Rubio. (Photo courtesy of BOC)

By Brian Jules Campued

The Bureau of Customs (BOC) has surpassed its revenue collection target by P3.192 billion in April, Commissioner Bienvenido Rubio said Monday.

According to its preliminary data, the BOC has also collected a total of P80.822 billion — exceeding its goal of P77.630 billion.

Nearly P300 billion in revenue has been collected from January to April 2024, the agency added, surpassing the target of P288.526 billion and marking a significant increase of 6.5% from the same period last year.

Rubio attributed the collection performance to several factors, such as the Customs’ heightened rate of assessment and the implementation of digital customs processes.

“The BOC has also carried out trade facilitation initiatives through workshops, conferences, and international engagements,” the statement read.

The bureau’s intensified efforts against smuggling have also led to significant seizures in the first quarter of 2024, he added.

Rubio, likewise, reiterated the goal of the BOC to continue to build on these achievements as the revenue collected aids in fueling social and economic development initiatives across the country.

“By diligently executing our duties, we aim to not only meet revenue targets but also to catalyze socio-economic development initiatives that positively impact the lives of our countrymen,” the BOC chief said.

“We strive to create a brighter future for all Filipinos, ensuring that the benefits of our efforts are felt across communities,” he added. – avds

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...