LTO summons driver, owner of car in Cavite multiple road crashes

Logo of the Land Transportation Office/FILE

By Raymond Carl Dela Cruz | Philippine News Agency

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has summoned the driver and registered owner of a Toyota Vios involved in multiple and subsequent crashes in Noveleta, Cavite on Thursday, May 15.

In a statement on Friday, LTO chief ASec. Vigor Mendoza II said a show cause order (SCO) had been issued to the male owner of the sedan and the female driver of the vehicle at the time of the incident.

“We were informed that the female driver lost her consciousness as a result of this incident. We want to know what happened, and in the meantime that investigation is being conducted, her driver’s license is preventively suspended for 90 days,” Mendoza said.

An initial investigation by the LTO showed that the vehicle was heading toward Cavite City when it suddenly accelerated and collided with a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction.

“After the incident, the driver appeared to have put the vehicle in reverse and accelerated anew, hitting pedestrians and a light post,” he said.

The driver then made a turn toward Noveleta town proper, where she crashed into a parked tricycle.

At least five people were reported to have been injured, including the driver who lost consciousness, and were taken to different hospitals for treatment.

The LTO directed the driver of the vehicle to explain in notarized writing why her driver’s license should not be revoked for reckless driving and for being an improper person to operate a motor vehicle.

The registered owner of the vehicle was also asked to appear with the driver to the LTO for investigation, and the female driver was asked to surrender her driver’s license “in the soonest possible time.”

To date, both the license of the driver and the vehicle have been placed under alarm to prevent any transactions while the investigation is ongoing.

Popular

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...

PBBM eyes different gov’t post for Torre, Palace confirms

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is offering former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief PGen. Nicolas Torre III a different position in the...

‘Organic, real people’: Gomez belies claims that PCO pays for reactors, vloggers

By Brian Campued Presidential Communications Office (PCO) acting Secretary Dave Gomez on Tuesday stressed that the PCO does not pay reactors and vloggers to support...