NTF starts recalibrated strategy for equitable vaccine distribution

The National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19 started to implement its recalibrated deployment strategy for the equitable distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines, especially in the provinces.

NTF Chief Implementer and vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. said on Wednesday (Sep. 1) that the said approach will balance the number of the unvaccinated individuals, targeted vaccinated individuals, and the number of vaccine doses in the country.

“We recalibrate our PDITR strategy with the massive vaccination so we intensify the implementation of the minimum health standards,” he said.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Aug. 30 said the government must recalibrate its pandemic response after the Department of Health on the same day recorded a total of 22,366 new COVID-19 cases, the highest number of cases so far.

“We need to recalibrate our response,” Duterte said during his public address to the nation.

READ MORE: http://152.42.253.13/prrd-govt-must-recalibrate-its-pandemic-response/

In relation to this, Sec. Galvez assured more vaccines will arrive in the Philippines in the coming days.

He said on Aug. 30 a total of 25 million vaccine doses is expected to arrive in September while 29.5 million doses are expected to be delivered in October.

READ MORE: http://152.42.253.13/galvez-ph-receives-total-of-48-m-covid-19-vaccine-doses/

Based on the recent data of the government, the country received 51,900,590 COVID-19 vaccine doses as of Sep. 1.

Report from Ryan Lesigues/NGS-rir

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...