Five days before the first State of the Nation Address of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., the Presidential Security Group (PSG) and other security forces are on their final stages of gearing up for the historical event.
PSG Commander Ramon Zagala said it is their goal to ensure the safety of the Marcos Jr. and the participants of the event.
“These preparations [have been] planned since last week and we at PSG, we are prepared in coordination with the Philippine National Police so that everything will run [smoothly], from the time he arrives, he delivers his SONA, until he returns to the Malacañang Palace,” Zagala said.
Zagala said the PSG is continuously coordinating with the Philippine National Police, Armed Forces of the Philippines, and other government agencies for the security of the state address.
Moreover, the PNP said it will implement a six-day gun ban from July 22 to 27 as a security measure for the event. —Report from Mela Lesmoras/KC – gb
READ MORE: PNP implements gun ban for Marcos’ 1st SONA