PRRD to decide on ECQ fate today

President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to decide today if the enhanced community quarantine will be extended in Metro Manila and other high-risk areas after May 15 or to implement the general community quarantine.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) had a meeting this morning to finalize their recommendation to the Chief Executive. This will be followed by another meeting between the President and selected members of the IATF.

Roque mentioned that some areas may remain under ECQ and some may be placed under GCQ but clarified it is not yet final. President Duterte will still consider suggestions of mayors, experts, and citizens.

Although Roque said the President is set to decide today, it is yet to be confirmed whether the announcement will be made on the same day. – Report from Mela Lesmoras

Popular

PBBM, U.S. official tackle Luzon economic corridor, investments

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. met with the United States (US) Undersecretary of State for Economic Growth,...

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...