Palawan gov’t to rehab road linking 5 municipalities

Palawan Governor Jose Alvarez (left) and Mayor Mary Jean Feliciano (right) shown in this file photo during the groundbreaking ceremony in January for a road project in Brooke’s Point. (File photo by the Provincial Information Office)

PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Palawan — The provincial government is set to open a 30-km. road network in northern Palawan that is expected to benefit thousands of residents in five municipalities.

The Provincial Information Office said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon that the road network would benefit residents of the towns of Taytay, Dumaran, Culion, Roxas, and Cuyo.
“This road project in the northern part of the province will be implemented under the Conditional Matching Grant to Provinces (CMGP) of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Department of Budget and Management, and the provincial government under the leadership of Governor Jose Alvarez,” said the release.
The project involves 10.754 km. of road in Culion that will cross barangays Binudac, Malaking Patag, and Balala; 10.097 km. of road in Taytay and Dumaran towns through barangays Paglaum, Talog, Itangil, Sta. Maria, Danleg and Sta. Teresita; 14 km. in Roxas that will connect to barangays Bagumbayan, Ilian, Taradungan, and Tumarbong; and 1.400 km. in Cuyo that will connect to barangays Lungsod, Igabas, and Emilod.
According to the statement, the road projects are part of the provincial government’s infrastructure development efforts to further bring economic progress to the towns.
Last month, the provincial government also opened two roads in the towns of Aborlan and Brooke’s Point, totaling 8 km., all under the CMGP. (Celeste Anna Formoso/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...